Saturday, January 26, 2013

Giving advice expressions

Hi 4 of eso SSEE students
Here you have a list of expressions you can use for giving advice.In case you have choosen this topic for your oral presentation YOU SHOULD INCLUDE  some of these expressions on your  sketch
Giving Advice
  • You should…
  • I think you should…
  • Why don’t you…..?
  • How about…
  • I suggest…..
  • If I were you, I would.....................
  • You'd better .........
  • You ought to/should avoid v+ing.............
  • If you take my advice, you'll     ............
  • It might be a good idea....
  • Have you thought about  v+ing.......?
  • You could...
  • Promise to + inf........
  • First of all.never...........
Reacting to advice
  • I suppose you are right...........
  • I suppose so............
  • I will try to/not to ...........
  • Do you really think I should.........?
  • No way!.
  • Why should/shouldn't  I.............?





No comments: